What kind of doctor will my child need to see, and how can I find doctors experienced in treating children with ARPKD?


A pediatric nephrologist is a specialist trained in the care of children with kidney diseases, like ARPKD. Children who also show symptoms of liver disease may also need to see a hepatologist, or liver specialist. Your child’s pediatrician will be your first point of reference, and should refer you to an experienced pediatric nephrologist.