Living Donation Week 2023
Living Donation Week (#LDW2023), September 11-15, hosted by UHN - Centre for Living Organ Donation, is a national awareness week featuring free virtual events and activities focused on improving access and equity in living organ donation, profiling the work of Team Transplant, and celebrating our incredible living donors and transplant recipients.
Each year, living donor transplants save the lives of hundreds of Canadians awaiting a liver or kidney transplant. Living organ donation offers a shorter pathway to better health with a considerably shorter wait time and better health outcomes than a deceased donor transplant. Yet many Canadians are not aware of living donation.
Living Donation Week (LDW) invites the living donor and transplant community to come together to celebrate and spread the word about this life-changing gift, and everyone who makes it possible. It was launched by the Centre for Living Organ Donation in 2020 and is held annually in September.
Save the Date for Living Donation Week – September 10-16th with events all week.
- Kicking off the week we have beautiful landmarks across North America lit up green.
- Sunday September 10th join us for the Constantine Yorkville Toronto 5km run/walk, register here: https://bit.ly/yorkville23
- Celebrate with us on Monday September 11th with inspiring stories and messages, living donor medal selfies and more.
- Tuesday September 12 will highlight professional development and partner events, including a collaborative webinar discussing early results from the Expedited One Day Living Kidney Donor Evaluation pilot project.
- Wednesday September 13 will feature virtual and in-person How to Find a Living Donor Interactive sessions across Canada, followed by a virtual drop in session to address questions on Friday, September 15.
- In between, we will release a new episode of the Living Transplant podcast episode on the future of transplant with physician scientists and transplant nephrologist, Dr. Joseph Kim and living donor and patient advocate, Sylvie Charbonneau.
- We will end the week with thank you's to our amazing living donors, courageous transplant recipients and people on the waitlist, Team Transplant and everyone who makes living organ transplant possible. View our entire schedule and register for events at http://givelifeuhn.eventbrite.ca
We look forward to celebrating Living Donation Week with you all!
#LDW2023 #SharetheLight #GreatActionsLeaveaMark