Watch for symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath in those living with you. If symptoms appear, isolate yourself for 14 days from that person. If you are elderly or have a higher risk from COVID-19, leave your home and stay with friends or family until the 14 days have ended. If it’s not possible for you to move out temporarily, stay away from others in the house as much as you can. This includes:
- Spend as little time as possible in shared spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms and sitting areas, and keep shared spaces well ventilated.
- Aim to keep 6 feet away from others and sleep in a different bed where possible.
- Use a separate bathroom if you can and use separate towels for drying after bathing, showering and washing your hands.
- If you do share a toilet and bathroom, others should clean it after use. After each cleaning, you should be the first to use it.
- Don’t use the kitchen when others are in it and take your food to your room to eat.
- If you have one, use a dishwasher. If you’re using your own utensils, dry them with a separate tea towel.