Finding the right nephrologist can make a positive difference in both your treatment plan and quality of life. When looking for the right specialist or clinic, here are some questions you should consider asking:
- Does your clinic primarily treat ADPKD and/or ARPKD patients?
- Is a pediatric nephrologist available?
- Do you offer any other services (such as diagnostic services or disease management)?
- Is genetic counseling an option?
- Is nutrition counseling available?
- Do you offer dialysis services?
- Are transplant services available? For children as well?
- How many transplants are performed each year?
- Does your clinic have access to clinical trials for those living with PKD? If so, which ones?
- Do you have access to other medical specialties, like hypertension or hepatology?
- How often should I get brain scans?
Was this helpful?