PKD Awareness Day
Since 2014, Health Canada has recognized September 4 as National Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Awareness Day – a special day devoted to raising awareness of this life-threatening genetic disease.
Though PKD affects approximately 1 in 500 people worldwide, many people have never heard of it. Together, we can change that! PKD Awareness Day is our day to raise awareness about this disease and the impact it has on generation after generation.
There’s not just one single way to raise awareness. You can spread the word in whatever way or format that works for you:
- Share your story with a friend
- Create a 2 minute video about how you are affected by PKD
- Wear your End PKD t-shirt
- Change your Facebook profile picture with one if the images below
- Tweet your favorite celebrity or local politician
- Share this video about PKD and the PKD Foundation of Canada
Change Your Social Media Profile Pictures
Click on the images to download.
Facebook Profile Photo
Facebook Cover Photo
Twitter Profile Photo
Twitter Cover Photo
Help Spread Awareness
Don't forget to use #PKDAwarenessDay and #endPKD to join the online conversation. The more people that know about PKD, the closer we can get to treatments and a cure. Together, let's raise awareness and end PKD!
Help spread awareness in your own community! This year we are aiming to obtain proclamations from the mayors of cities who joined us last year as well as those from our provincial capitals. Click on the volunteer button below to let us know that you want to request a proclamation from the city or town you live in!
Here are some additional ways you can get involved:
- LEARN – Get accurate and clear information about polycystic kidney disease on our website here. Be sure to also remind your friends and family about PKD Awareness Day and share our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages with them.
- VOLUNTEER – Help spread awareness in your own community! This year we are aiming to obtain proclamations from the mayors of cities who joined us last year as well as those from our provincial capitals. Click here to let us know that you want to request a proclamation from the city or town you live in!
- DONATE – One of the most powerful ways you can be a part of PKD Awareness Day is by making a gift today. Your contribution will support our front line mission to promote programs of research, education, awareness, support and advocacy, in order to discover treatments and a cure for PKD. Click here to make your tax deductible gift online. To make a donation by mail, please send your contribution to:
PKD Foundation of Canada
3-1750 The Queensway, Suite 158
Etobicoke ON M9C 5H5
Many thanks for your continued support. Together, we will END PKD!