Any restriction of blood flow can cause clotting. Here are some tips to help keep blood flowing without restriction:
- Avoid tight clothing or jewelry that could put pressure on your access area
- Do not carry bags, purses or any type of heavy item over your access area
- Don’t let anyone put a blood pressure cuff on your access arm — have your blood pressure taken from your non-access arm
- Request that blood being drawn is taken from your non-access arm
- Don’t sleep with your access arm under your head or pillow
- Check the pulse in your access daily
Was this helpful?